Sunday 28 August 2011

New Beginnings...

Today is my birthday! As a gift to myself, I decided to create my own blog. I follow the blogs of other teachers and principals and admire their ability to share so many amazing resources with other dedicated educators. I want to be a part of this group : )
I am very proud to say that I am a teacher. Like my husband, I have lived and worked in each of the western provinces and three territories. Only one more province to visit and then I can say that I have explored all of  Canada's provinces and territories.
Throughout my career, I have been fortunate to work as a teacher, inclusive schooling consultant, curriculum developer and Supervisor Of  Schools. I have enjoyed each position and was lucky to have mentors who were so passionate about education. My mentors guided me on my path to professional growth and competence through reflective practice, collaborative planning and action research. I miss those days. I especially miss my colleagues in Nunavut.
I have many areas of interest in education. I look forward to reading many more blogs related to 21st century learners and 21st century education. I am a big advocate of personalized learning and hope to learn more about the ways in which I can honour and recognize the gifts, skills and attributes of each of my students, as well as their challenges and obstacles to learning. I am so excited to be moving beyond the traditional classroom.
Here's to new beginnings...














No comments:

Post a Comment